research focusing on every Histopathological area of interest.
|1. Professor||Department of Medical Lab. Science, University of Jos||Oct. 2015 to date|
|2. Reader, Histopathology.||
Department of Medical Lab. Science, University of Jos.
Oct.2012 to Sept.
3. Senior Lecturer
4. Visiting Professor
Department of Medical Lab. Science, University of Jos.
Usmanu DanFodio University, Sokoto
Aug. 2009 to Sept. 2012
2015 to date
5. Visiting Reader, Histopathology
6. Visiting Professor
Department of Histopathology, School of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Usmanu Dan Fodio University, Sokoto.
College of Medical Sciences, University of Maiduguri.
2012 to 2015
2015 to date
|7. Visiting Reader, Histopathology.||Department of Medical Laboratory Science, College of Medical Sciences, University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri.||
2008 to 2015
|8. Visiting Senior Lecturer, Histopathology||Department of Medical Laboratory Science, College of Medical Science, University of Maiduguri||2005 to 2008|
|9. Assistant Director, Laboratory Services||Histopathology Department, JUTH.||May 2006|
|10. Chief Medical Laboratory Scientist||Histopathology Department, JUTH.||January 2001|
|11. Assistant Chief Medical Laboratory Scientist.||Histopathology Department, JUTH.||January 1998|
|12. Principal Medical Laboratory Scientist.||Histopathology Department, JUTH.||
|13. Senior Medical Laboratory Scientist||Histopathology Department, JUTH.||July 1991|
|14. Medical Laboratory Scientist 1||Histopathology Department, JUTH||Dec. 1987|
|15. Part-time Lecturer, Histopathology.||Federal School of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Jos.||
1989 to 2007
|16. Medical Laboratory Scientist II (NYSC)||Laboratory Unit, Notre-Dame Hospital, Uzairue, Edo State||
Research & Publications | Click Each Tabs to View
- Adisa J.O. (1987) Re-Evaluation of Urea and Creatinine Reference Values for Assessment of Renal Function at Jos University Teaching Hospital, Jos. Dissertation submitted to the Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology (Sciences) of Nigeria in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for Award of the Fellowship of the Institute of Medical Laboratory Science (FIMLS), Nigeria.
- Adisa J. O. (1992) The Biology and Ecology of Glossina in Relation to the Epidemiology andControl of Trypanosomiasis. Master of Science Seminar Paper Submitted to the Department of Zoology, University of Jos, Nigeria.
- Adisa J. O. (1992) Haemato-biochemical and Histologic Changes in Albino Rats Infected with Trypanosoma brucei brucei. Master of Science Thesis Submitted to the Postgraduate School, University of Jos, Nigeria.
- Adisa J. O. (2002) Study of the Pathology of Schistosomiasis in the Tin-Mining Region of Plateau State and Parts of Nasarawa State. PhD Thesis submitted to the Postgraduate School, University of Jos, Nigeria.
- Amuta E.U. and Adisa J O (1994) The Effect of Ivermectin (Mectizan)* Treatment on skin and Nodular Microfilriae of Onchocerca volvulus. Journal of Agriculture, Science and Technology. 4(2): 130 134.
- Ani Agatha M.S., Malu, A. O., Bello C.S.S., Okeke E.N., Adisa, J.O. (1998) Comparison of laboratory of methods for detection of Helicobacter pylori. Ghana Medical Journal, 32a: 953 956.
- Adisa J.O., Ajayi J.A, Awujo, N.C., Thomas, B.N. (1999) Haematobiochemical changes in Albino Rats infected with Trypasama brucei brucei. Nigerian Quarterly Journal of Hospital Medicine 9 (3): 238- 240.
- Adisa J.O., Onah J.A., Awujo N.C., Nwana E.J.C. (2001) Urogenital Schistosomiasis and Male Infertility: Any Link? Nigerian Quarterly Journal of Hospital Medicine 11 (1 4): 30 – 32.
- Adisa J.O., Ike E.I., Mohammed A.Z., Onah J.A. (2004) A Clinico-Pathologic Study of Schistosomiasis in Jos University Teaching Hospital, Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria. African Journal Natural Sciences. 6: 29-33.
- Adisa J.O. and Obende F.B. (2004) Prevalence and Parasite Density of Malaria Parasiteamia among HIV Positive Subjects at Jos University Teaching Hospital. Nigerian Journal of Experimental and Applied Biology. 5 (2): 199 -203.
- Adisa JO., E. Ikeh, DN. Bala and JA. Onah (2004) Human and Experimental Study of the effect of Schistosomiasis on some haematological Indices, West Africa Journal of Biological Sciences. (15): 8 – 14.
- Adisa J.O. and Oluwagbenga O.D. (2005) Effect of Asparagus pubescens root extract, a traditional oral contraceptive, on mice serum lipids, Biomedical Science Letters 1: 7 11.
- Gali R. M., Adisa O.J. and Msheilia D. S. (2005) Some Trace Elements and Liver Analytes in Consumers of a Local Alcoholic Beverage (Burukutu) Highland Medical Journal 3 (2): 18 21.
- Adisa J. O., V. M. Loniola, E. I. Ikeh, and J. A. Onah (2007) Schistosomiasis in the Tin Mining Region of Plateau State and Parts of Nasarawa State: A Survey of Knowledge, Attitudes/Beliefs and Practices of the Inhabitants. Journal of Environmental Sciences 11(1): 48 -54.
- Avwioro OG, Imosemi I. O. Oduola T., Adisa J. (2007) Studies on the effects of fixatives on the staining ability of Morida lucida extracts on tissue sections. International Journal of Morphology. 25(2): 335-336.
- B Bukar , M.O Uguru, J.O Adisa, C.C Amadi(2007) Morinda lucida The effects of subchronic administration Garcinia Kola (Heckel) seed extract on the testes of immature mice. Journal of Research in Bioscience. 3 (3): 43 – 47.
- Sagay A.S., Adisa J., Ekwempu CC., Musa J, Saban S. and Ford R.W. (2008)Prevalence of Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia in Different HIV Settings in Jos, North Central Nigeria. Journal of Medicine in the Tropics, 10 (2): 41 – 48.
- Ejike EC, Adisa J. O. and Yahaya A. B. (2008) A study of the staining effect of Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa) on the histologic section of the testes. International Journal of Morphology. 26 (4): 927- 930.
- Atiene S. Sagay, Godwin E. Imade, Viola Onwuliri, Daniel Z. Egah, Mathew J Grigg, Jonah Musa, Tom Thatcher, James O. Adisa, Malcolm Potts, Roger V. Short. (2009) Genital Tract Abnormalities in Female Sex Workers who douche with lemon/lime juice in Nigeria. African Journal of Reproductive Health; 13(1): 37 – 45.
- Adisa, O. J; Ajayi, Y and Egbujo, E.C. (2011) Histopathologic Effect of Persea Americana Aqueous Leaves Extract on the Liver of Weaner Rabbits (Califonia spp). International Journal of Morphology 29 (4): 1384 – 1387.
- PA Agaba; TD Thatcher; CC Ekwempu; MN Tanko; JO Adisa; OO Agbaji; EI Agaba; JA Idoko. (2011) Prevalence of Gynaecologic Morbidity in HIV Positive Women: A Comparison of Treated and Untreated Patients. Journal of Medicine in the Tropics. 13 (2): 62 – 67.
- Adisa OJ; Musa AB; Yima UI; Egbujo EC (2011) Helicobacter pylori associated Gastritis in North-Eastern Nigeria: A Histopathologic Study. E-InternationalScientific Research Journal. 3(1): 1 – 4.
- KB Tanyigna, JK Tanyigna, F Aremu, O.J Adisa. (2011) Reproductive Health Issues and Incidence of some Reproductive Tract Infections among Muslim Women in Purdah in Jos- Nigeria. African Journal of Clinical and Experimental Microbiology. 13(2): 98 -102.
- Vem TS; Adisa O J; Oyero SK; Egbujo EC; Golit WN; Golwa P. (2011) Prevalence of Human Pappiloma Virus Among Women Infected with HIV. International Journal of Current Research. 4 (2): 97 – 99.
- Adisa O J; Egbujo EC; Yahaya BA; Echejor G. (2012) Primary Infertility Associated With Schistosoma mansoni: A case study from the Jos Plateau, North central Nigeria. African Health Sciences 12 (4): 563 – 565.
- Nna E, Madukwe J, Ejike E, Obiorah C, Okolie C, Echejor G, Yahaya A, Adisa J, Uzoma I. (2012) Gene Expression of Aurora kinases in Prostate Cancer and Nodular Hyperplasia Tissues. Medical Principles and Practice. 22: 138 – 143. DOI: 10.1159/000342679.
- James O. Adisa, Ejike Egbujo, Jonathan U. Madukwe, Olugbenga A. Silas, Godwin O. Echejoh, Filimon H. Golwa, Joseph M. Chundusu and Amina Yahaha B: (2012) Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Associated with Schistosomiasis? A Case Report and the Significance of Tumour Markers. (2012) International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research 3(9): 724 – 729.
- Ekwempu AI, Okolie CE, Cosmas EU, Davou GI, Shingdan J, Adisa J O (2013) Evaluation of the Research Writing Skills of Medical laboratory Scientists in Nigeria. Journal of Medical Research and Practice 2(1): 34 – 37.
- James O. Adisa, Ejike Egbujo, Pamela Ogechi Egbujo, Jonathan Madukwe, Amina Egbujo and Nkiruka C. Azubuike (2013) Immunohistochemistry and Antigenic Expression of Five Proteins in Kaposi Sarcoma. International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research. 4(9): 574 578.
- James. O. Adisa, Bilkisu Mohammed, Ejike.C. Egbujo1, Musa A.Bukar (2013) Cytologic Assessment of Pulmonary Aspergillosis in Immunocompromised Subjects in Maiduguri North Eastern, Nigeria. Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. 4(6): 237 – 240.
- James O. Adisa, Saadatu B. Tukur, Musa Bukar, Ejike C. Egbujo (2013) Prevalence of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in relation to knowledge, attitudes/beliefs and practices among university students in North-Eastern Nigeria. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Public Health.6 (4):418-421.
- Alaezi CM, Adisa J O, Okorochi EC and Okechi OO (2014) Methyl Green Pyronin: A Progressive Nuclear Stain Substitute for Haematoxylin and Eosin Staining Technique in the Demonsration of Ductal Carcinoma. Global Journal of Scientific Researches 2 (2): 51 -55.
- James Adisa, Amina Mohammed, Ejike C. Egbujo, David Adeniyi and Isah A. Yahaya.(2014) Women in Purdah: A Study of their Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices in Relation to Cancer of the Cervix. International Research Journal of Biological Sciences. 3(7) 1 – 6.
- Bose Toma, Augustine O. Ebonyi, Mark D. Gyang, David D Shwe, Emeka P. Amechi, James O. Adisa. (2014) Knowledge and Practice of Care-Givers of Under Five Children Towards Malaria in a Suburban Community in Nigeria. Journal of Medical Research and Practice 3(2): 68 72.
- James O. Adisa, Fatima Salaudeen, Ejike C. Egbujo, Ju Gye, Kizizto Jugu, Daniel Onotu, Mark Akindigh and Azizat Adetokun. (2014) Histopathologic Determination of Placental Malaria And its Relation to Fetal Birth Weight. Journal of Applied Medical Sciences. 4(2):31 – 36.
- James O. Adisa, Ejike C. Egbujo, Babangida I. Ibrahim, Bukar Musa and Jonathan Madukwe. (2015) Expression of some Selected Cytokeratins and Ki67 Protein in Prostatic Tumors: Can These be Used as Tumor Markers? Pan African Medical Journal. 20: 46. DOI:10.11604
- James Olayiwola Adisa, Salome Yeni Danladi, Ejike Chukwudi Egbujo, Cynthia Kawai, Chisom Okoli, Kiziti Jugu, Ju Gye. (2017) Effects of Aqueous Leaf Extract of Gongonema Latifolium on the Histology of the Liver and Bone Marrow of Wistar Rat. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research. 7: 83 90.
- James Olayiwola Adisa, Khadija Khalid Musa,Ejike Chukwudi Egbujo, Ijeoma Matinda Uwaeme. (2017) A Study of the Various Modifications of Lawsonia inermis (Henna) Leaf Extract as a Cytoplasmic Stain In Liver Biopsies. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 5(3): 1058 1063.
- Adisa, J. O. (2009) Cervical cancer: Issues for the Medical Laboratory Scientist to Ponder presented at the Worldwide Biomedical Science Day at Nigeria Institute of Medical Research, Yaba, Lagos. (22nd July, 2009).
- Adisa, J. O. (2009) Teamwork Among Health Professionals: An Indispensable Requirement for Effective Healthcare Delivery presented at the Annual Scientific Week of the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria (JUTH branch) in Jos, Plateau State. (March 6th 2009).
- Adisa, J.O. (2010) Cancer: A Silent Killer on the Loose presented at the Health Week of the Nigerian Medical Laboratory Science Students Association of the University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri (December 2010).
- Atiene S. Sagay, Godwin E. Imade, Viola Onwuliri, Daniel Z. Egah, Mathew J. Grigg Jonah Musa, Tom Thatcher, James O. Adisa, Malcolm Potts, Roger V. Short. (2007) Genital tract abnormalities among female sex workers who douche with lemon/lime juice in Nigeria. The Lancet (Abstract Nos – A-042-0135-03548) Paper presented at IAS conference in Sydney, Australia (22-25 July, 2007).
- Annual Scientific Conference of Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria, Plateau State Branch. Theme: Medical Laboratory Diagnosis: A Cornerstone of Disease Management. 8 14th, 2015. Venue: Hill Station Hotel, Jos.
- Workshop on Teaching Methodology and Advance HIV Molecular Techniques by Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) Strengthening Health Human Resources in Nigeria Group (SHaRING) Project at PLASVERIC Plateau State Specialist Hospital, 2-6th February 2015.
- Review of small grants for post graduate research; Medical Education Program Initiative in Nigeria (MEPIN), Lagos, January 27 – 30th, 2015.
- Review of small grants for post graduate research; Medical Education Program Initiative in Nigeria (MEPIN) Ijebu-Ode, March 23-27th, 2014.
- Review of small grants for post graduate research; Medical Education Program Initiative in Nigeria (MEPIN) Lagos, 15 18th May, 2013.
- Innovations and Advances in Medical Laboratory Practice in Developing Countries. Paper presented at the Plateau State Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Program (June 2013)
- Training of Trainers workshop on Responsible Conduct of Research organized by MEPIN at Ibadan. 11th 13th June 2012.
- Step down Workshop on Responsible Conduct of Research, University of Jos. APIN Conference Hall, JUTH. 20 – 21 March, 2012.
- Workshop on Grantsmanship by Medical Education Program Initiative in Nigeria (MEPIN) and Northwestern University, USA, at Ibadan, on 13-15th June, 2011.
- Workshop on Responsible Conduct of Research by Medical Education Program Initiative in Nigeria (MEPIN) and Northwestern University, USA, at Ibadan, on 8-10th June 2011.
- Workshop on Curriculum Content Development organized by American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) and Center for Disease Control and Prevention at Chelsea Hotels, Abuja. March 2011.
- Workshop on Pre-Service Curriculum Review and Teaching Methodologies organized by American Society for Clinical Pathology and Center for Disease Control and Prevention at Chelsea Hotel, Abuja. February, 2010.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Workshop on Relevance of Cellular Pathology Scientists in the Diagnosis and Prevention of Cancer organized by Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN) in Lagos. 22nd July 2009.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Workshop on Education for Change: Current Trends in Medical Laboratory Science in Jos. 30th March 1st April 1998.
- Management Course organized by Jos University Teaching Hospital, Jos. 21st -25th April 1997.
- Training in Cytopathology in the Department of Morbid Anatomy, Lagos University Teaching Hospital for three (3) months. September- December 1994.